About the initiative
The Victorian Government has announced that Stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ will be in reinstated across metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire from 11:59 on 8 July 2020 to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Victoria. These restrictions will be in place for six weeks and will then be reviewed by the Chief Health Officer.
Businesses within metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire that are affected by the return to Stay at Home restrictions may be eligible for a one-off, $5,000 grant under the Business Support Fund – Expansion program.
Applications for the program close on 19 August 2020.
What type of business can apply for this grant?
Businesses can apply where they meet all the criteria listed below. They must:
- operate a business located in metropolitan Melbourne or Mitchell Shire
- be a participant in the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper Payment scheme
- employ people
- be registered with WorkSafe on 30 June 2020
- have an annual payroll of less than $3 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) as at 30 June 2020
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 30 June 2020
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.